View Single Post
Unread 15 Nov 2017, 12:09   #28
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of
Re: Cheaters always seem to prosper

When I was a multihunter, I actually hunted for cheaters. I used the tools at my disposal and some of my own written tools to process data and extrapolate weird things from it. It was fun. I have no idea how hunting these days is done. I encounter a few closed planets each round, but hear nothing big is happening.

What I can say about hunting is the following: whenever a multihunter detects something weird/funny/suspicious, or when he/she gets a report of suspected cheating, he/she will investigate. The problem is that knowing someone is cheating, is not the same as being able to prove it. This was a constant problem back when i was hunting. It led to cases where we were sure some cheating was going on, but we couldnt get the proof.

Unfortunately, this leads to cheaters not being closed. But i will be honest, I would like to hunt again :P. I closed Cardi once (the only time i could get proof), which is fun!
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote