Thread: open source
View Single Post
Unread 20 Jul 2005, 15:14   #8
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: open source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
Because small shady companies would start producing Coca Cola and selling it below the price that the Coca Cola Company wants it to be sold for, thereby costing them millions of dollars in revenue.
Why would they be "shady"?

Also, I'm not sure. Coca Cola may spend ("waste") a lot of money on marketing but I'd imagine they're reasonably efficient in terms of production. If they can't, with their economies of scale, produce their syrup (or whatever) cheaper than anyone else then I'm not sure there's much hope for them in the longer term. Although they invest some money in R&D and the like it's not like the drugs companies which are investment heavy or whatnot.

Finally, my comments more referred to a society which wasn't primarily profit-motivated.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote