View Single Post
Unread 15 Jun 2004, 17:50   #21
alch
Retired

alch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud ofalch has much to be proud of
Re: [IMPORTANT] A Call to the PA Community

Allright here some stuff i was thinking about, i was thinking about getting more and more site to get basically more coverage of PA around the internet and i mailed a lot of webmasters i know and some people i have good contacts with and right now i am waiting for their answers.But right now given the fact i am the only one to do that (at least i think i am), i dont reach much people and that too bad.

What i really would like is to have a little more help from the community itself, i know some of you think its not a good idea, but i really think it can be a very good one, if we work hard, we can get more and more coverage.

Basically here the idea:
I know that you guys know people oustide Planetarion that happen to own a forum or a site that have a great hits monthly, i know that some of you might be the webmaster or maybe your brothers or maybe some client you had or some people that happened to join your channels on Undernet.

We need to use the most links we have to market this game, you can write a mail on behalf of the community and send it to like 20-30 people you know that own sites.
We can do it in following thing, first you can put a banner on the top of the site, the link is at the top of the thread.
secondly you can tell them that basically their sites will be compiled on a threads that will thanks them and that most of the community will thanks them for that and they can potientally increase their playerbase aswell.
Third, you can contact them regarding Promotions or competition they can run this week while the round start, while the prizes will be paid accounts that will be given out of my pocket or someone who will be generous enough to pay for them.

Another thing is i could run some donation system to collect some money and maybe also expand the advertisment biffy is planning to run on MPOGD.com from 1 week to a longer time.

This is basically all up to us now, we are the community, forget about jolt, we are the one that push this community and this game, so lets help each other, if every players would recommand this thread to his friends and at the end 1k players would mail 10 people they know that could host and display our banners, i think we could have a lot more advertisment than any big gaming site could offer us.

No money is involved in it, just some passive command about sending mails to people that happen to own sites or operate sites with high traffic.

That simple, that help
This is The community helping the community

P.S: You can find me on #mentors if you want to discuss the subject or wish to donate some money to help the advertisment. and if you get someone to put the banner up, please post in this thread the links so we can thanks him by visiting his site and get to know our true supporter.

Greetings.