Thread: New Scan type
View Single Post
Unread 6 Jul 2007, 12:38   #11
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: New Scan type

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy
I do like the IDEA TK had, but it has a major drawback: ppl wud simply send defships (one ship only mission?) to make the Defence Fleets <x> look higher.
I think everyone knew that this was part of the proposal - that the "Out the Window" scan would be easy to fake defend against. However, this leads to placing the decision making back on the player; do i ignore my scan and land anyway and risk it being fake, or do i recall? I think that if its going to be such an early and easily available scan, it should have such major shortcomings. If you add numbers of ships, what point researching all the way down the branch to JGPs?

I'm not sure if the Out the Window scan should includ ethe co-ords of the defender(s), or other planets (at the same ETA), or not. There are certain pros and cons to that (making fake def early round less good, because it would still highlight co-ords) etc. But it could be considered at least.

But still not a big fan of numbers at this stage - plus, without unit scans, what would numbers mean anyway?
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote