View Single Post
Unread 25 Nov 2014, 12:53   #108
Atilla

Atilla has a spectacular aura aboutAtilla has a spectacular aura aboutAtilla has a spectacular aura about
Re: XP is broken. fix it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Please don't be brainwashed by these morons Plaguu I actually have the belief that normally you know what you are on about.

I'll break it down even further ok?

The concept of XP is not BROKEN. Using skill and bravery to land on a much larger opponent to gain massive rewards.

The implementation of XP is not BROKEN. If you are small and land on someone big you get more xp than if you are big and land on someone small.

The formulae for XP is not BROKEN. It works, its maths. Put it in a calculator and you get the correct answer.

What we actually have is a round that if you rated stats offensiveness on a scale of 1-10 is a 10. It's about as far as stats can go in that direction and the problem lies on the fact XP and things that create and multiply XP weren't tweaked and tuned to accomdate this.

The bravery factor should have been lowered, the mcs should have been capped at 60 like fcs and the armour on pods should have been dropped too.

If you car started over revving its not BROKEN its just unturned. TThat is what XP is atm.

Bottom line is that in 58 rounds XP has not been broken and it has also not been broken in the last two. Just the laziness of the PA team failed to see this problem when it started occurring last round and didn't bother to change it for this round a further increase in the offensive nature of the stats used. This what beta ttesting should have been used for instead of the speed round ppl like to use it as.

The blame lies with those in power, time they sort it out.
So you more or less say that XP is to powerful in its current state but you would like to keep it and have it nerfed, and you donīt want to use the word BROKEN for some reason.... (it totally is broken however, see reasons in other posts). However when you start to talk about the concept of XP, your right that might not be broken.. but this is not a concept this iz a game mechanic and as far as game mechanics go, in its current state XP is broken beyond any doubt, for reasons explained soooo many times before.
The important part here is that it at least gets balanced with other methods of play to ensure fairness, which is what most of us wants i might add, with the exception of me, had it been up to me i would remove XP <-- important to remember that last bit is my view and only my view.

Just one more thing, regarding the "formula for XP" as you mentioned above. You do realize that you can put numbers in to a formula and get numbers from it that would still be wrong, when the parameters of that said formula is wrong? So no if you put it in a calculator with the wrong parameters you would in-fact get a wrong answer.
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote