View Single Post
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 15:35   #31
MEX

MEX will become famous soon enoughMEX will become famous soon enough
Cool Re: How to start a brand new alliance or (HC 101)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayl
I keep seeing threads by people who are frustrated in their attempts to create a new alliance. So allow me to give a little advice.
First, why are you starting an alliance? There are lots of good ones out there already. There are only two answers:

The first is that you're already a group of friends who hangs out and attacks and defense together, you might as well give yourselves a name and invite others to join. This is by far the best way to start an alliance.

The second is that you are a power hungry person in search of peons to direct at your whim. This is also fine, but you'll have to do a lot more work to be even slightly successful. If this is you, just be honest with yourself about it, it will make things so much easier down the road.

My reason for creating a own alliance in r19 is different from the both mentioned above:

3rd reason for creating a alliance:
After coming back to PA after a pause of several years in PT:185 of r19, i got bored of waiting until my first construction and research was finished in the 2nd tick i was online and wanted to experiment a bit with the options offered in the ALLIANCE pages of PA.

Soon i learned that this wasnt a very good idea, as you will have to wait 72 ticks after leaving a alliance before you can join another one, and decided to make the best out of it until i find a really good alliance to join which is worth the 72 tick waiting period.

First i tried to identify inactive possible targets for roiding them after my 72 tick by sending them messages from my alliance, as i dont give away my coordinates with messages sent from the ALLIANCE pages.
But after one of the receipients joined my alliance, i decided to try to merge with other small alliances which resulted in a alliance big enough to get into the Top30 alliances of r19 ~360 ticks = 15 days since the creation of my alliance.

As i didnt want to leave the other mostly HARMLESS inactive n00bs in my alliance without some help from a experienced and active player, i am currently reluctant to leave them alone unless i get a really good offer to join one of the TOP alliances, which has to be better than Insurrection, or i have merged them with a active small alliance.

MfG, MEX