Thread: Are you Agile?
View Single Post
Unread 17 Apr 2007, 17:47   #20
Hebdomad
I ♡ ☠

Hebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldHebdomad spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Are you Agile?

I agree with ComradeRob. How the hell else are you suppose to design programmes? It really baffles me. It's selling common-sense. It's probably worthwhile if computer scientists have been forced to write software in a really, really stupid way, using UML for everything and using the waterfall model to an extreme (but I always assumed that wasn't a methodology per se but just what you told management) for example, and they need to be retaught how to be clever again.

Re: Enterprise software.
I've never understood that term either. I assumed it's what you use when you want to sell things to corporations who want feel they're special. I.e. Look we've turned on a few features (or more likely, we've turned them off in the desktop version). It seems like a marketing trick to me. It's certainly what they do with OS X.

You could say it relates to scalability. But to be frank, if a piece of software isn't scalable and robust it's just not a good piece of software.
Hebdomad is offline   Reply With Quote