View Single Post
Unread 18 Jun 2004, 15:10   #3
Vanquisher
heh

Vanquisher is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Is this Planetarions future ?

I'm in, what is close to, complete agreement with you here Kejome.

Since the good days of 'Old PA', Planetarion has lost a considerable amount of players. Most blame this on Pay To Play, but I personally see it to be more a case of the 'improvements' in the game, which a huge number of people don't like.

I personally feel, that if the 'Old PA' was brought back, people would come flocking back, even if they still had to pay, as it was, and still is, the game of this genre.

3 tick battles were some of the best things around, and scanning was always one of the best times of the game. So what if it's down to luck, luck is a -big- thing in these games. How it could be removed I fail to see.

Aside from that, as Skinny (mainly) showed, the XP formula is utter rubbish. Why bother having it? "Oh, it encourages people to attack bigger people" - Wow, if the bigger people's fleets are attacking you, and you send 50~ Cath CR Pods, you'll get heaps more score than they will, even though they cap more.

The value system is the best, it's the old scoring way, and it's the best scoring way.

As well as seeing the scoring system changed back, I've also got to ask, what the hell is the point of not having a gal status page? I hardly ever scroll down to the gal status part of my overview anyway, but now I feel I have to, and besides that, it's not even clear.

Just the views I got from the beta,
Vanquisher

N.B - There is only one reason I'm playing PA this round. If it wasn't for that, extremely lame reason seemingly, I wouldn't be caught dead even looking at the portal anymore :/
Vanquisher is offline   Reply With Quote