View Single Post
Unread 12 Sep 2018, 13:04   #51
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future
Re: The Ironborn Backstab

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JungleMuffin] View Post
The argument that CT was consistantly putting more waves on the one or two IB available on raids is horseshit. It might have happened as a once or twice off, if at all, but that would be about the full extent of it. Anyone claiming otherwise is being disingenuous to suit their agenda.
You put 500 incs on Ironborn and 350 on Ult this round. That is fact. There is no fiddling of numbers to suit any agenda here, that IS what happened.

Quote:
From my own observations in this thread and elsewhere, it certainly appears as if IB were looking to turn on CT at the first available opportunity, given they were being substantially beaten by Ult on roid count, and saw CT as a free meal.
Having nothing to hit but CT was the result of us conceding the win to Ultores, not our motivation to concede. Forest was also prewarned of this situation and could've done something about it as previously stated multiple times. This is the situation that we were left with because CT were happy to stand by and watch us fall instead of joining in to prolong the war.

Quote:
IB revoking their agreement to work alongside CT before CT had exhausted all of their options, is a reflection on IB's lack of commitment, not CT/Forest. The only accusation that IB can make towards CT/Forest is that the options available weren't utilised fast enough, which again, reeks of desperation.
Due to politics, of which you are apparently completely ignorant, CT were the only alliance capable of "swinging" the current status quo. Hence the reason for asking Forest to fully commit or we concede, this was our last option. You/CT didn't commit, so we conceded, it happened exactly how I explained to Forest that it was about to happen. There is nothing untoward going on here. Perhaps Forest doubted my sincerity or honesty, thought I was trying to trick CT into hitting Ult, either way, that fault is his, not mine. I was 100% honest.

Quote:
From past experience of spending multiple rounds in every alliance VenoX has HC'd, including BP'ing with him, I would be very reluctant to take his claims at face value. He is a person that will put on a great facade to your face, while being venomous when he can remain anonymous. Hence the name, Venomous X. Forest on the other hand, is about as forthright as myself.
Strange that you would play in multiple alliances of mine and buddy pack me if you hated me so badly. From my memory, we always got on well back in the day and I was pleased to see you had returned prior to this round. I'm not sure where your completely toxic attitude has come from, or perhaps I was just ignorant of it in the past given your reputation in the community. I will admit that Forest was as honest as he could be this round, I don't have anything bad to say about his character. I'd even say that it was an insult to him that you would try to compare yourself favourably to him. Either way, if it comes to a character contest between myself and you, I'm not going to be worried. I did enjoy the comparison between my nick and character though, that is some great clutching at straws.

Quote:
Forest made a statement regarding being worried about being left holding the baby if and when CT did chose to go all in on Ult. As we've seen, those fears were well placed, given IB's decision to turn on CT at the first available opportunity.
Except you never went all in on Ult, so this seems to be a 1+1=500 situation here. CT had 2 weeks of opportunity and constantly failed to deliver on Forests promises. From what I understand now, that wasn't through a lack of trying on his part but due to resistance from members, so for that I respect him but he shouldn't be making agreements for his alliance that he can't deliver on.