View Single Post
Unread 17 Jun 2010, 13:28   #164
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute
Re: World Cup Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä View Post
I think this is a bit of a one-sided view. It's a very similar style of play Barcelona's known to be succesfull with. However, when faced with Jose Mourinho's Inter, they kept finding a brick wall with little creative ideas to change tactics to find alternative ways in. They were heavily hit back on the break - which Inter as a bit of a bigger team had the creative and fast attacking options to go with.

It's of course "easy" to box defend, but the real question is how you break such defenses. The ones set up by Ottmar Hitzfeld and Jose Mourinho for Swizerland and Inter were too solid for Spain and Barcelona, respectively. The games shared many similarities, moreso than the previous one, was it Uruguay France, seemed like.
Spanish gameplay is indeed rather similar of that of Barcelona. It's a good tactic and it did work against nearly all their oponents. Ofcourse it will not work always, there is no team in the world that wins all matches. They won against France, Germany and Argentina playing this style.

Against every gameplay, there is a counter. Just like you can counter the best player in the world aswell, as Inter did show.

I don't see why this would be rather one-sided of me but ok. I just stated the facts.

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote