View Single Post
Unread 17 Jun 2010, 12:19   #155
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: World Cup Prediction Thread

Quote:
You are also abusing the word lucky or unlucky about 5 times in your post. I can't be arsed arguing if you're deliberatly twisting my words. Did I say "with a crap shot" anywhere in my post? Ifnot, stop making up lies. Nor did I at any point claim that any finishing of Spain was "unlucky".
Quote:
Their goalie however was beaten on several occasions (Villa dribbling the goalie to then trying to lob the ball into the goal but missed or Xabi Alonso with his magnificant shot on the sidebar, the keeper was no where near that ball). Yes he played a good game, but lady fortuna wasn't at Spain's side yesterday.
Please reiterate. "Lady Fortuna"? I'm not sure what that means, but I'm assuming it's refering to "luck", and "Lady fortuna not being on Spain's side" refering to "Spain not being lucky enough" or "Spain being unlucky". All of this is semantics what I don't quite understand why we're staggering into.

Quote:
Fact is, there were tons of faults made on Iniesta. Yet none on Sanderoos.
Football is a contact sport. People do sometimes get injured even on clean tackles and whatnot. You can call it "Lady Fortuna" or whatnot. It doesn't matter.

Quote:
Nor did I at any point claim that any finishing of Spain was "unlucky".
Quote:
- The shot of Xabi Alonso was unlucky
Please reiterate. I believe you are contradicting yourself. Or at least, if not, you've now claimed Spain's finishing was "unlucky" (the Xabi Alonso shot).

Quote:
Don't bother replying if all you're gonna do is twist my words, "quote" things I didn't even post or generally making up things. Sorry, cba with this.
On this post, and my previous post, I have simply quoted you. I am not trying to twist your words, you are causing the contradiction yourself by saying

Quote:
The shot of Xabi Alonso was unlucky
but then implying that you're not on about "unlucky" by stating that

Quote:
Nor did I at any point claim that any finishing of Spain was "unlucky"
If you did not claim so in your previous post, my reading comperhension skills have established that now you've claimed so.

Please try make a difference when I use the Quote][/Quote tags to show something you have said, and when I just call words "crap" and try elaborate the view.

Quote:
Lol, you're making stuff up now. I didn't even mention about Swiss' shot against the sidebar nor the injury of Senderoos.
I mentioned these to elaborate how you show bias. F.ex

Quote:
Xabi Alonso's shot was unlucky
You seem to imply that if he had had more luck (eg. Lady Fortuna on his side), he'd scored. You neglect that he wasn't the only person to hit the post. I claim that goals count towards winning, and not scoring more than your opponent means you lose, hence you were not good enough to win by game rules, not by someone's personal preference on what is good or bad football.

edit. a quote tag closure fell off.

Last edited by Tietäjä; 17 Jun 2010 at 12:24.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote