Thread: donation whores
View Single Post
Unread 15 Apr 2010, 06:44   #241
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: donation whores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
Maybe for that one person, but not for everybody else!

I'm sure most people do agree that this tactic is something new and 'relatively' interesting. If every galaxy did it next round, how interesting would the round really be?
I don't know? I don't see why its relevant how many people do it. Every galaxy defends itself, that doesn't make the round boring, does it?

Quote:
The start up bonus is there for a reason, to get the game into action faster.
No, the startup bonus is there as a replacement for 48 ticks of protection.

Quote:
If everyone decides to start doing the donation thing, then the game just takes longer to get going. (They won't of course, as i'd imagine the people who did donate had a pretty boring start to the round? I dunno)
Seems like a pretty solid argument against donating all your resources to some dweep in your galaxy.

Quote:
This reminds me of the whole private galaxys thing being implemented, fortress galaxys where not against the rules, but it was certainly an abuse/tactic of the exiling rule. As this donating malarky is an ABUSE!/tactic of the donation rule.
The only reason you call it abuse is because you don't like the strategy. It's emotional language that just clouds the issue at hand.

Quote:
PA Team decided private galaxys where a worthwhile tactic and coded them into the game. Will they now decide donating is a worth while tactic in the game and code it in?
It already is coded in. There's no need for a "donate all your resources to your galmate" button.

Quote:
Anyways, if the intention of the donations was to get a planet / galaxy win it doesn't seem to have worked. The only other intention from this tactic could be to make the round more interesting for the galaxy involved, has it? (actual in-game entertainment, the lulz from forums and irc can't be included as it wouldn't be such a shock next round, thus the lulz shall be lost)
Yeah. So what exactly is the problem? It doesn't appear to be either overpowered nor even very efficient.

I am perfectly happy with letting people decide for themselves "hey, this strategy is ****ing boring, I'll do something else".
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote