View Single Post
Unread 24 Jul 2015, 13:12   #19
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Blue's Stat Set Rnd 63

Being bad offensively is pretty par for the course for Zik, though. That said, I would like to see 1 decent solo option for both Zik attack fleets. Beyond that, I think Ter Bs and Cat Cr could still use a nerf.

Unrelatedly, Blue_Esper pointed out a stupid inconsistency in the output I posted in my last post. Ter De can roid Cat solo (because all ships ignore 0-loss EMP in that version), but Ter/Etd De teamups cannot (because with the Distributor there, the Roach is no longer 0-loss, and it loses to the Roach). This, in my view, is confirmation that ignoring 0-loss EMP is a bad idea. Not what BE wanted to hear, I'm sure, since he was the one who asked I add it, but so it goes. :P

This reveals something I was aware of all along, but may not have made explicit enough: this program is not and can never be perfect. I tried to make some reasonable assumptions that are mostly correct, but not always. Be aware of this. Use its output, by all means, but don't treat it like dogma.

To get it right, I'd need to make a full bcalc and pit fleet compositions against each other. This is much more work than what I've done so far, and while I'm not saying I definitely won't do it, I'm not going to make any promises either. Additionally, this involves a new set of guesses: what are the right fleet compositions? I don't really want to input those manually either...

Meanwhile, I've removed the "0-loss EMP def does not scare attackers" rule. I won't repost the entire output, but Etd De, Ter De and De teamups all now no longer roid Cat.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote