View Single Post
Unread 29 Aug 2007, 20:09   #24
Smudge
For Crowly <3

Smudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond reputeSmudge has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The open source idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appoco
You're asking Jolt to support, as a company, something that allows people to walk along, say "hey, neat game", set up a server, load on the open source code and start what's basically Planetarion. I know Awake mentioned this, but really .... I know there are clones, and some have gone their own way, but it's still a bit of an issue..
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilM
The key point about Planetarion isn't the code, but more about the community which still plays the same game.
The arguement for clones being set up etc is a null and void arguement in my eyes. Clone games can be easily made / searched for on google (hell, I've even made a clone) and hosted. The fact is if Smudgetarion started up tomorrow, what user base would I have? How would I be able to compete against PA? Answer - I wouldn't.
[14:53:26] * Keiz`afk has joined #support
[14:53:36] <Keiz`afk> THE SMUDGE CHEERLEADING TEAM HAS ARRIVED
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote