Thread: 11/11/11
View Single Post
Unread 8 Jan 2012, 09:55   #43
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 11/11/11

First thing to say is sorry for late reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä View Post
My only question regarding to the Iceland's situation is as follows: if the Icelandic people, a democratic nation, so fiercely oppose the mentioned banking sector's thievery, why did they allow the Nordic Tigers event to happen in the first place - and why were they obviously happy when things were going "well"?
It is just human nature to take it for granted when things go well and complain when things don't go well.

Another possible angle for some is that you don't get angry until you realised that you have been robbed.

Quote:
This is one of the few things I agree on but I cannot speak about nations other than Finland since my familiarity with educational systems abroad is very narrow (really, it's next to none). For me, they taught it there under the subject "history and societal science": the problem was that most people chose to ignore it and not to care. Teaching it to people who show no attention whatsoever to it is the same as teaching pigs to sing: it annoys the pig and wastes the teacher's time.

Perhaps now that times aren't "economically as good" as back when I was filling my obligation to get educated, people would show more attention to such matters.

What comes to whatever statement Vatican may have made specifically about Goldman Sachs: I am genuinely baffled they've chosen not to mention Morgan Chase. Perhaps a full audit of the Catholic Church might reveal financial affiliation to Goldman Sachs? (yes, this was intentional)
That is one thing I do like about the forums is the exchange of ideas/topics/interests to things you wouldn't normally come across or have the same angle of thought.

I was still forced to learn German at school when I had no interest in learning it so I do take your point there with the pig and teacher analogy.

I would certainly welcome a full audit of entities that have something to hide whether it be the Fed or the Vatican.

Quote:
Also, I have a question you might be able to answer: I don't know much about Ron Paul, but I can remember him being an Austrian School fan. Was it so? Doesn't that put him in the same bin with say, Alan Greenspan? I for one do believe that a public sector can be healthy even if large (Sweden I suppose is the current primer for success on this field, even though someone'd argue they're simply eurozone-freeriders).
I was not familar with the Austrian school of thought in economics and had to do some background reading. (Again thanks keiz for introducing a new concept to me)
It comes back to the business cycle (of boom and bust through unsustainable credit) from what I can gather from Ron Paul he is saying that big government in the USA or more precise that the level of the USA expenditure is unstainable without there being a Collaspe which would lead to economic martial law and a result of this the american government (the Federal) is growing for the purpose of seizing control of the USA.