View Single Post
Unread 30 Apr 2010, 10:16   #92
rUl3r

rUl3r has a spectacular aura aboutrUl3r has a spectacular aura about
Re: See you in 72 ticks cardi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ave View Post
You can set your base to run and hide... u cant scan it either... so where do we need vac mode anymore? If u have to leave for a vacation, just transfer your fleet to base and set it to run far away.

Set your population towards your guards and protection and perhaps invest in few security centers knowing u will be leaving at some stage.

end of that discussion?
Stay out for a week, get SKed 5 waves a day, return to a planet without roids and constructions. Iīm not quite sure if Iīd like that.

I donīt think we should get rid of vacation mode. Iīm undecided about classing this as "abuse", I think it is, although this time it certainly backfired. However, the fact they pissed off people enough to get bashed afterwards doesnīt really excuse the fact vacation mode was made for vacations, not hiding from incomings. That said I really donīt get why PLed fleets are automatically recalled, it makes fleeing into vac way too easy. I still feel like abuse of this feature should result in immediate closure and deletion, itīs just too annoying to see this happening every other round.

Itīs kinda ironic though a guy who runs around and threatens people with war runs and hides in vac mode like a total sissy when people actually do bring it on to him.
rUl3r is offline   Reply With Quote