View Single Post
Unread 21 May 2017, 14:59   #9
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Re: Population research

Ok so im home now.

Where to start.....

a) Anything that gives morre diversity to the playstyle is GOOD. The less our planets look like carbon copies of each other the better for the game.

b) but.... as mz says, why remove things from everyone? It should have been an additional 50% of population or another way of wording it not to look like you have chopped pop in half.

c) Why does it only research based? Why again make it linear in its attainment? You are basically saying you cant win as Xan, there is around a 250 tick difference to obtain this and other 'basic' researches vs Cath. Thats a lot of ticks to have a 50% reduction on boosts to a race that is already behind on research.

It should have been a quest reward. It should have been a new quest section that as you completed Tech Tree areas or hit Construction markers (10/20/30/40/50 cons) you unlocked 10% for each achivement. That would have allowed people to still play in their desired way and added strategy to the tickplans.

Now even if cat is total crap and xan is OP as hell i have to consider should i gimp myself for half the round going Xan or do i go Cat and sim 500 ticks whilst scooping in loads of bonuses...

In conclusion, its nice to see a new idea in the game but the way it has been implemented has not been thought out at all.

I personally hate the concept of Xan/cloak but i would still never advocate hard coded gimps on choosing them. Race choice should be free of such restraints.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote