View Single Post
Unread 28 Sep 2007, 02:05   #15
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Worst Birhday ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantoz
I am not going to force anyone to keep away from taking their own life if they feel like trying. I'm just saying that I find it pathetic and weak.

[...] To take your own life just because the last week has been shit isn't really something I can respect.
I totally agree.

Quote:
But It is a known fact that most suicidal tendencies are quite impulsive and short-term. [...]

Most people that fail at suicide do not try again, more or less proving that most attempts are more of a cry for helpt than a genuine death wish.
True, only approximately 5% of suicide attempts ends in death. However, nearly 50% of all succesful suicides are preceded by a failed attempt. I agree that there's a big difference between a cry for help and a genuine death wish, but that difference is hard to determine for an outsider, or even a close friend or relative, if not completely impossible.

Besides, it's not all that easy to actually kill yourself. Of course it partly depends on having a means (which is why suicide by firearm is much more common in the United States than it is in, say, the Netherlands), but also on ones determination. Whether you jump off a building, shoot yourself, hang yourself, or take a bunch of barbiturates, the mental barrier is enormous. It's very easy to stop taking pills, to ever so slightly move the barrel of the gun, much easier than it is to actually go through with it. Hell, we've got all these nice reflexes that are supposed to keep us from getting harmed, they work as well in you as they do in people who are tired of life.

Quote:
But consider this; Scandinavia is one of the most prosperous regions in the world, yet the suicide rate is on the top of the chart.
This is not true. The first prosperous country in the charts is Japan, which is in 11th place (24/100k). Out of the first 10, 7 were formerly part of the Soviet Union, complemented by Sri Lanka, Kazakstan and Guyana (not exactly the richest countries in the world). Lithuania leads by a comfortable margin (42/100k). Finno-Scandinavian countries are nowhere to be seen (Finland takes 15th place (20/100k), Denmark 28th (14/100k), Sweden 31st (13/100k), and Norway 41st (12/100k)).
That said, it does seem like the bottom regions of the list are comprised almost solely of non-Western countries (Greece is the only Western country in the bottom 30, and there are only a further 4 in the next 20).

I'm not entirely sure what are you trying to imply by this though...
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is online now   Reply With Quote