View Single Post
Unread 26 Apr 2010, 00:12   #111
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about
Re: Vision/newdawn nap

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Let me get this right. The only things, if we're trying to make a prediction, that we should consider in pa are roids/value? So pre-round, when nobody has any advantage, any prediction of any alliance to win is as good as any other prediction?
A prediction is based on whatever you want it to be based on. The roidlead was 7k roids, which gives a steady growth. Unknown factors as mining bonus, number of mines, core research is likely to be equal.
If you do the job and find out exactly how much Apprime and Ascendancy makes, be my guest. It does however not change the fact roids/value is a solid, hardcoded and predictable feature that you can rely on.

You are free to base predictions on things like skill/activity/history, but then its not based on hard-coded features, but assumptions. I specifically said that my prediction was based on the roidlead, and i did not mix assumptions with facts. The only reason Apprime accumulated score faster then predicted was because it was a better alliance in that period of time. Both alliances had equal chances, but Apprime was better at getting roids/xp. At the same time both alliances kicked out members which influenced the scoregap greatly. Sadly someone used it as an argument to prove me wrong. Brainaids anyone?
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote