Thread: Angels/NewDawn
View Single Post
Unread 2 Mar 2006, 13:40   #604
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Angels/NewDawn

First of all, DLR and ND haven't merged yet, so this discussion is hypothetical and not worth getting angry over. I remain doubtful that it will happen.

However, I disagree with the generally whiny attitude that "anyone who beats my alliance must have cheated". It's bullshit. And I'm not directing that comment at anyone in particular, but at the whole AD moral majority brigade.

I first encountered this in round 4, when Xanadu's victory (#1 planet, #1 galaxy, leading alliance in the winning block) was decried because they were "using bots". Does anyone remember Cryptic's constant "XANADU. BOTS. CHEATING" rants? Admittedly, he was probably only doing it to get a response from Scorpio and Silversmoke, but that's not the point. The point is that in every subsequent round, the losers have attempted to claim that the winners got their victory by a) cheating, b) over-blocking, c) fence-sitting, d) recruiting or some other reason which implies that they didn't 'deserve' the victory.

If eXilition win, they're said to be using bots and support planets. If 1up win, it's because of planet NAPs or recruitment (did absorbing pr0nstars and taking the #1 spot in r12 count as a merge? I don't remember what people thought at the time because I didn't play). Whoever wins, there will be a whole chorus of whiny ****s from the other side trying to claim that the winners used immoral methods to get their victory. Perhaps I just shouldn't take it so seriously, but it does annoy me.

The objective of the game is to finish #1. If someone else thought of a better way of doing it than you, then they're the winners. You might not like it, you might think that your alliance worked harder, played a better game or whatever, but there's no prizes for finishing second.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote