View Single Post
Unread 7 Mar 2014, 20:07   #4
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Re: England Team for 2014

I think that is a reasonable squad, there is no Cleverly which is important. Personally i would play Henderson in a more advanced role (where Rooney is in your formation) and probably play Jones or Barry in the holding midfield role with Gerrard.

Cole shouldnt go, just purely on talent and form it should be Shaw. Baines should start but i dont think either would do a bad job in the role, i would like Baines so Rooney is nowhere near the free kicks.

Finally i would leave Rooney out, i know no England manager would do this but i think that he has been mediocre at best this season, just like he has been for quite a few seasons and has now underperformed at multiple major tournaments. There is far more deserving players who will miss out on a place cos of this over rated pie eater.

I think realistically England could get to the Second Round with their squad but i think that the fact they have a snowballs chance in hell in winning the torunament would be a great oppurtunity to field the players that everyone wants to play, all the youngsters, the future talent.

With the exception of Gerrard, who to be honest is only play as he is captain and its his last torunament the squad should be comprimised of under 26's. Guys who will be in or entering their prime in the next 4 years.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote