Thread: Fixes
View Single Post
Unread 28 Feb 2018, 16:54   #17
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of
Re: Fixes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
I rather like it that people have to look a bit further into the future than the 6-8 ticks it'd take to do a 1200 RP research. Your suggestion changes the whole system from something that requires actual thought and planning to "do HCT for a few ticks whenever you're ETA 4 on more roids than you can mine".

Honestly, I don't think there much reason to change the HCT system. It's interesting, rewards foresight, provides an organic way for players to do better, makes the game more complex for high ranked planets, and even offers a chance of a laugh when someone in your galaxy or alliance ****s up. None of the suggestions I've seen so far even come close.
Well the argument is initialy that the changes that has been made the last few years has moved the game towards a less complex or flexible meta.

The changes to goverments/anarchy mightve pushed the meta even further to the core rush strategy being the only viable one.
Earlier you would see a lot of xan corp planets actualy popping bonuses early for RP bonus to keep up with the slow research time to get HCT/Timetravel research done.
If you were to core rush back then it would take like 500 ticks before you had TT4 and hull2 done, so it kinda made the core rush strategy less viable.

If it was less research time needed to mine 400 roids, with the new changes to initiating cost, it could force alliances to go out attacking earlier to keep up with the hull/TT rushers

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote