View Single Post
Unread 9 Jun 2007, 08:33   #42
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: [Football] Summer Transfers

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
You can be a club based in a major city, with massive support and a great history but in football terms you are only a 'big club' when you winning things and achieving good league standings.

As JBG said you haven't won a trophy in 10 years (and then it was the weakest of them) and since then haven't appeared in a major cup final or finished above 6th and players joining aren't joining what they consider a big club and are probably joining as a stepping stone to a 'big club'
Back in the days (the 90s), Liverpool were unable to win the league and qualify for the Champions League yet they were still classified as a big club. It was only in the late 90s that they started winning trophies again.

Your definition of a "big club" is pretty distorted in my opinion. Villa has always been a big club... just a sleeping one.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote