View Single Post
Unread 28 Apr 2005, 05:38   #662
Inspectre
Dance Puppets Dance

Inspectre is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Planet Wars: Redux

The problem with micromanaging each and every single colony is that sooner or later, we're all bound to have an arseload. Even with the colony restrictions ND has put in place, we can still easily get three colonies, which adds up to four seperate and distinct planets to run. That's a lot of calculation on everyone's part, and that's a lot to manage and double-check. I imagine a week of that, and whoever is responsible for making sure everyone is doing everything right and either a) isn't pulling a fast one, and somehow getting 50,000 free RM every turn, and/or b) has made an honest mistake in their math, costing them RM or accidently giving themselves a freebie, is goign to shoot themselves in the head with a high-caliber pistol. Plus, there seems to be a bit of confusion on how colonies are established and maintained. When first colonized, does it cost any RM to upgrade the planet's IB? Do planets colonized on Turn 1 recieve planet population growth for that turn, so on Turn 2 its Colony ship + Pop growth? Etc etc.

That said, I'll have meh Turn 5 budget up in a day or so. Seems I have a new colony of meh own to run.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
like you in your threads after about a week

ZING!
I love you Phang.
Inspectre is offline   Reply With Quote