View Single Post
Unread 7 Apr 2007, 14:49   #44
milo

milo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himmilo is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Best Sci-Fi Movie

I agree with Horn, 2001 was great. I personally like it as taking it in isolation the hazyness of alien contact* and the lack high-concepty type narrative means a lot is left to the imagination and that leads to an increased sense of wonder, which is good for sci fi. The music adds to this. As a quick rule of thumb i think genuinely good sci fi is inversely proportionate to the number of times a phaser/laser/gun/megablaster is fired.

*ie alien contact isn't done in an earth-centric sense, the movie doesn't conclude with aliens saying 'hay guyz' etc, clarke did a similar thing in rendezvous with rama, where rama is just passing through.