View Single Post
Unread 3 Aug 2010, 00:18   #95
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice
Re: Hi from a Jagex fansite

I returned (again and with no trumpets blaring) to play PA again last round, and whilst it was semi enjoyable, it felt horribly decrepit. Whilst it was good to see some of the same faces be it with a different tag around their necks, the last round was exactly that. The same old faces with different tags around their necks. Whilst the community is and always has been decent, I've never felt it IS the meta game nymore. Quite clearly (as evident in the ever dwindling numbers) the meta game sucks. We all got older. We all got wiser. So wise we all just piss each other off and get on each others tits.

If the meta game is in fact the community, why did the majority of the community migrate to different games. Sure you can point a stick at paid rounds but most of us play different games which are more expensive. We have just as great if not better communities there.. that are 10 times larger and still just a tiny slice of the overall games populace?

MY honest and long held suspicion. Is that the current heroes of PA are the dirth that was left behind by the PA heroes of old finding a better way to spend their time. What is left has become so vicious precisely because it is so insignificant. I dont say that with malevolance though it does sound just plain mean..just a casual and truthful observation... I know of an old wolf pack bc who recently ran a live raid for his clan (on LOTR) at a game companys headquaters, fully sponsered by the company.

The meta game is what little is left trying to hold on to some pretense of power and glory which they may find unobtainable else where. A sentiment of no wrong and no right, it cannot be proven or disproven, for every example I could provide it could no doubt be countered and ridiculed. But thats my opinion no matter how insignificant, and its intresting to see that opinion reinforced by several non intrested observers from jagex fansites having read a few posts here.

I don't keep coming back to this game because of the community. And my priorties in life and my career far outweigh a burning desire to get up at 3am each morning and try for a top 10 planet.

But I do keep coming back and I come back to this game to retaste old and faded memories of a game i once loved. I stay for a few rounds then go again. What would make me stay is a prelaunch system that allowed prelaunches but did not show prelaunches. A system that encourged landing for both offense and defense. A system which could see my planet raped nightly but still be worth a damn to hit anything short of nubs. On the other hand a game which encouraged nubs to be worth hitting rather than just a random string of letter and numbers in a database...basically a more dynamic and flexible game than 'launch two ticks at night and one in the morning'. Im not saying that as a DH knows best thing...just an outsider looking in rather than an insider looking out.

Removing prelaunch would be the stupidest move this game could make until a substitute system is introduced which encourages attack during the daytime (if viewed from a euro perspective).

As to the translating thing... didnt there used to be several alliances back in the day which were for x speaking players only. It could onlyy be a positive thing to get the manual translated and let communities form based around whatever several people find in common with each other.

Anyways im ranbling now, too many beers and its way past my bedtime... i guess what i wanted to say was that for years now the community comes up with suggestions they wanna see implemented and appoco does his best with few resources to appease the majority. But this is very insular and self serving. Maybe just let jagex be, let them come to their own conclusions on pa's shortfalls and develop systems that they feel would work to introduce new players and keep new players in the game. Lets face it.. you guys have stayed here for all these years so stop clamouring for jagexs attention coz u aint going nowhere. In doing so you only reinforce the 'rape pa players for monies and then sell up' mentality. let them do their job and see if they can bring in some fresh blood!

p.s. apologies if little or none of that made any sense. it felt good to get it off my chest.
DarkHeart is offline   Reply With Quote