Thread: Galaxy Exiles
View Single Post
Unread 18 Mar 2014, 11:54   #20
KatoZee

KatoZee is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Galaxy Exiles

From the viewpoint of someone fairly new(ish) I would only perceive this as being to more benefit to new players and potentially encourage growth of new players.

A bold claim though from the vantage point of a new person these "super galaxies" if your lucky enough to get into one, you promptly exiled out of it to make room for others. The increased difficulty in making such galaxies makes the game more accesable to the lower experienced players to play the game.

For people that would potentially cry off, they are not much of a loss to the environment, cause such individuals will only play when they know they can win and that type of mindset is never missed from any game i've played... life goes on without them.

If you wanted to make it insanely difficult to create these super galaxies then why not create a phone app? Yes I am aware you can play in your browser, since I play only using my phone and an android irc app.

Its more to do with publicity and advertising... on a browser people need to know where to look to find the game, whilst on the app market there are chances random people will see it and try out of curiosity. You can cheat as well you can pay people/compines to download your app x amount of times to shoot it up the leaderboards.

This would inturn increase the player base to a point making the exiling thing way more difficult to get into the "chosen" galaxy and the off shoot to appease the fort players, increase the bp size.
KatoZee is offline   Reply With Quote