Thread: poker
View Single Post
Unread 1 Oct 2006, 16:50   #44
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
To be honest the argument that "a significant portion of poker is based on luck" is irrelevant. If I offered you two-to-one on a coin flip it would still be significantly luck based but you're going to make money in the long run.
I don't think anyone is disagreeing with you there.

I was simply agreeing with nod in saying that there is a fair amount of luck involved in poker (discounting the "well if you played <insert famous poker player here> you'd lose" mainly because none of us play celebrity poker players), as opposed to a game such as Chess or even something like Mario Kart.

Comparing it to investing in the stock market (off your own back, not using a syndicate or organisation to invest for you) is ridiculous.