Thread: poker
View Single Post
Unread 1 Oct 2006, 16:08   #42
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_trax
do you have any idea how hedge fonds work? pure luck, just that they dont throw thousands but billions and hope someone is going to bail them out if things go wrong because its not a good thing if the global economy is falling to pieces.
I'm pretty sure we're not talking about hedge funds but ok

Is that your limit of knowing how they work? Yes I'm sure that's why hedge fund investors make thousands upon thousands of pounds annually. Just because they throw loads of money around and hope someone will pick up the pieces. Gosh! No wonder I'm poor when it's that easy to make money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
This is something called variance by internet poker players. The basic contention is that the bigger the sample size, the less chance of having a bias towards certain values of hands.
Yes I know what variance is - surprisingly enough, it's not just used by internet poker players. It's a pretty common statistical term. It still supports the argument that a significant portion of poker is based on luck.