View Single Post
Unread 30 Jan 2011, 12:46   #150
Light
You've Seen The Light

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute
Re: rd 40 predictions... go go go

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeart View Post
mb means 'my bad'...its a shorthand the community uses a lot in a different game
Light, gm was clearly not being serious, and he said, clearly, he was not being serious. That is the point, yet somehow you have stated for the 2nd time he was being serious. I just don't get it, but then you clearly seem to be operating froma higher plane of wisdom than me so i'm just gonna do my little 'we got #1' dance with the rest of the peasants

Now, the hard part, keeping it.
Lets break his quote down..

Quote:
my prediction was also before other developments and was based on the fencefest
So, he made his prediction before the block was formed and when it was likely Apprime was going to run away with the win. He sounds pretty serious there, trying to justify his prediction rather than shrug it off and say he was joking.

Quote:
obviously things have changed and ofc we are playing to win
The next line is him saying that his prediction is now probably wrong, as the universe has changed and theres now a block which is targetting Apprime.

Quote:
but was my prediction written in blood
In other words, his prediction can change, not that it wasnt serious.

Quote:
and what i really thing the outcome of the round will be??
This last question can be taken multiple ways, You can take it at facevalue and presume GM's prediction was infact a cunning political ploy and using the forums to his advantage to say to the universe Apprime will win unless we do something, that it isnt his actual prediction but something he had to say.

but then, why did he just use the last 3 lines trying to justify his prediction if it was just a political ploy.

Quote:
no.
As you keep pointing out, apprently this means something.. when it doesnt? Its just saying no to the 2 questions he asked but anyone when reading the post understands that the answer to those questions was no.

At no point during his post, did he imply that he was being sarcastic or that he wasnt being serious. His post is him trying to justify his prediction, not to say his prediction was a joke.

Then we can take his original prediction post:
Quote:
#1 - App
#2 - CT
#3 - ND
#4 - Rock
#5 - ODDR
What exactly is a joke or sarcastic about that? It was a pretty accurate prediction of how the universe would unfold if the block didnt form. I just found it lols that he didnt predict CT to win, that although they say they're fighting for #1.. that he thinks they will fail.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote