View Single Post
Unread 9 Jan 2006, 12:33   #8
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: 3DS Max v Lightwave 3D which do you prefer?

I'd disagree with 3DS being not so good at producing realistic scenes.
One of my friends had to learn it for his architecture course, and this is one of the renders he produced while he was learning how to use it.

Another option that he is playing around with (although he's not nearly as good at it yet) is Cinema 4D, which has also apparently seen some production work for TV/Film. This is about as far as he's got so far with it.

To be honest, a lot of realism depends on having decent textures - and not just "visable" elements. You need bump maps and dirt masks etc to add that extra bit of real world to a scene.

[edit]
I should mention that the textures he has been using in 3DS mainly come from here

[edit2]
I'm a retard. I have now fixed the broken image links

Last edited by meglamaniac; 9 Jan 2006 at 12:44.
meglamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote