View Single Post
Unread 17 Feb 2012, 23:38   #49
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: How (and why) Planetarion fails

This game will never change. I've not played really since 1up disbanded back in whatever round it was (I can't even remember).

The days of political intrigue and such are to me, lost without the figureheads and juggernaughts of old. It was my passion for Fury that kept me playing, my loyalty to Sid that brought me back for another series of rounds with 1up.

The game itself has never been fun to really play. It's complexity in ship states increased to the need for battle calculators and the late night launches became more and more prevalent.

Wars were won before fleets were even launched.

The game needs a radical overhaul. It became unprofitable for alliances to even wish to go for war - the possible gains far overshadowed by the potential losses. Attrition was never truely possible, and it became a game of who was simply more active rather than any real strategy and skill.

Planetarion has never really embraced what it wanted to be. It wanted to curb alliances, and yet it was the alliances that kept the game life breathing. It should have long ago brought alliances into a major factor of the game - with geography and such, but far more experienced people than me have given indepth threads of suggestions and such before.

I remember reading and agreeing with alot of an old suggestion by jester I believe which echoed alot of what Sid and a majority of High Command officials commented on in aeons past.

It's a real shame, I remember my time with Planetarion still and occassionally do miss the community that had built up.

But all empires are reduced to dust in time.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote