View Single Post
Unread 15 Jan 2012, 05:35   #46
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How (and why) Planetarion fails

Can't really comment on the change(s). I don't really see it helping or hurting either situation more than another.

That being said--and to reiterate what Phil said--MonkeyGems is pretty cool. So is Angry Birds (on Chrome, no less(!!) which is far more interesting than PA seems to be. I've been playing Goldeneye on an n64 emulator (I own the original, honest) when that other game gets dull.

I'm not sure a "persistent" approach would change anything unless the stats were 'right'. If I'm way ahead in roids and my galaxy/alliance kicks ass, I'll just "build more Sentinels" and win. For everyone else, the roids would dry up and/or you'd be hitting at your bash limit for minimal cap while obliterating the planet's fleet...which means, you'd still never catch up. If/when you did, ala r3, you'd get a death squad attack that kills your planet and has waves of pods following to roid you dry. Or, end up in c200 which is a proven method of doing well in the end.

Easy roids are always easy, and farming (or gal raiding) is easier than setting up proper waves on fat planets or fleetcatching them with anything other than I HAVE ELEVENTY BILLION SHIPS lol-waves that don't fleetcatch OR get roids.

It's a double edged knife, and PA is cutting itself with both sides of it.

Now, where to aim that shotgun bird at...

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote