View Single Post
Unread 31 Aug 2010, 12:09   #65
Light
You've Seen The Light

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Replace the incompetent MH staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rUl3r View Post
"Racism and use of words and/or pictures likely to cause offence to anybody in galaxy pictures and/or a galaxy/planet/ruler name is not allowed."
Yes, thats a pretty standard EULA for offensive names. Its not there to show you how the report function works, how the judgements are made or what the procedures are. Its in the EULA to give the MH's permission to close or change your galaxy/planet/ruler name if they want due to an offensive name.

Quote:
It does not state the ruling is just up to the MHs, in fact it does state anything causing offense to anybody is forbidden.
It does not have to state how the ruling is made, its in the terms and conditions to give the MH team permission to close accounts or change names based on offense.

Quote:
There is a report function for a reason. However, I do criticise the arbitrary judgement of the MHs and the inconsistency of their decisions. The whole matter about "Geil" in Dunks r/p is about as ridiculous for a german native speaker as censoring the Penis-Allianz some rounds ago. Frankly, I do not trust the sanity of ruling of the MHs overall. That´s what I said before. I do question their ability to make proper sane calls on cases. They make completely random judgements about what might be offensive and what might be not.
Offensive is subjective, You may not find something offensive that someone might. Its just a name at the end of the day, why are you complaining about such a trivial thing? and actually suggesting possible one of the worst systems ever for offensive names.

The report function is there so players can flag planets for MH's review.

Quote:
Following this, I do question why they should be allowed to criticise my judgement if I say I am offended by a name. It´s not their call. They are here to enforce the rules, not to tell me I shouldn´t be offended.
It is there call as they're the ones who decide weither something is or can be offensive. Thats there job, its not yours. Its common place in every single game for a team to decide what is and what is not offensive, you cant let your community decide as they'd just flag anything.

Quote:
You question the reason they need your user details on signup, and complained when they didn´t believe your name to be Katie Katie, yet you say they should be allowed to make random judgements.
Knowing what your first and last name is, then closing based on that is entirely different than judging what has the potential to cause offensive. They're two entirly different issues, the first/last name issue is entirly unprovable unless the game requests photoID on signup. Potential to cause offensive needs to be decided by someone or a group of people, as without that group and just letting the community force name changes (and in the current system, closing planets) would be absolutly stupid.

Seriously, You're actually arguing for a system where ANYBODY can report ANY planet? and then that planet has a forced name change, closure, and report to #multihunters? lol wtf, think about what your arguing for...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä View Post
He's saying it's a categorical imperative of kinds. In fact, all planet names ever made are probably abusive to one of the six odd billion people in the world. If you take this rope, and you put someone very, very trigger happy, and very, very power hungry, and not afraid to combine these two things into a havoc of power abuse (say, butter), you'll easily come up with a lot of spew on people's ruler/planet names for no very good reason but "demeaning towards women" or "demeaning towards Indian midgets living in the Northeast borders of Pakistan".
It is the MH's job to decide what actually can cause offense and what isnt.

If the MH's go powerhungry and make the wrong decisions, then its the Head MH's job to put that right.

Just bcus some (or one) MH is completly crap, does not mean the entire system needs to change so that there arnt any MH's and anything can be closed for any reason just via the report option which anybody can use.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote