View Single Post
Unread 31 Aug 2010, 11:27   #58
Light
You've Seen The Light

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Replace the incompetent MH staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rUl3r View Post
As to Lights latest post: DunkelGraf refused to have his planet renamed. The subsequent closures are technically correct, it´s the judgement of the MHs I strongly criticise. I simply disagree with the fact that if they might consider something offensive, you´re done with your name, no matter what argument you put forward. Also, they force renamed one of Dunks planets against his will, then accused him of making multi accounts when he signed up a new one with a name of his choice. This is not correct either.
Considering the MHs even manage to warn people for "incorrect user details" when they entered their real names, it shows the thin ice the MHs move on without even realising it.
Something being offensive is highly subjective and there is really little point arguing about it. If the MH's find a certain name offensive, then they should change that name. I do not disagree with that method, nor do i think its something to get angry about. The MH main duty when it comes to offensive names is to judge weither a name is offensive or not, sometimes i might completly disagree and find it laughable, sometimes i might agree. The reality is, it does not matter what i think though, only what the MH think.

Someone shouldnt be able to refuse to have there planet renamed, It should be renamed for them and then they can pop into #multihunters if they choose to, to change the name to something they want (which isnt deemed offensive).

Them forcing one of Dunks planets to be renamed, is actually a good thing the MH's have done. I dont see your argument regarding this? The only thing is, they shouldnt close as well as renaming, it should just be renamed and thats the end of it.. no need for a closure.

The MH's then accused him of having multiple accounts? when he had multiple accounts? what a shocker, i cant believe it sometimes. He had been told repeatedly that the name was not allowed, why would making a new planet with that name be any different? They are correct in this instance.

I complain about alot of the stupid things the MH do but in some of these instances, they was right. The only thing i disagree with is that they closed Dunks planet in the first place, when they simply could of renamed it to something neutral and told him if he wants to change it to something else, he can pop into #multihunters.

There is no reason getting angry when someone finds something offensive or thinks something has the potential to be offensive when you feel its fine. Its always going to happen and theres no way around it, The only major problem is there procedures when they deem a planet to be offensive that annoys me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
In fairness, they usually close the planet, then 'invite' (hah!) the player to come to #multihunters and choose a new one. So they do both, not one or the other.
There's absolutly no reason to close them though nor to force them to pop into #multihunters to 'explain themselves'.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote