View Single Post
Unread 27 Jan 2005, 04:33   #1
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Friends (the series)

Well, I've been really addicted to it for the last 3 months now. I watched every single episode from the beginning, and right now I am in season 10, ep. 10. That was a whole lot of Friends for me (230 eps á 22min).

And now I've got the best moments I wanted to share with you, and just say some things:

First of all, it's a GREAT show. It gets VERY emotional, it's about the things in life that REALLY matter, so there are some moments where you could actually start crying (I didn't say I didn't ). So, that's the good part now. I always thought the music choice was really good in some parts, so I'm glad I found this site, which answers basically every music question you could ever have to an episode.

So I want to share some of the best moments with you right now, but I really DON'T want to give away something, so here's a good old fashioned

*** S P O I L E R W A R N I N G *** (not for Season 10 though)

As Season 10 is the newest and recent one (and also the very last one), that hasn't been aired in Germany yet, I won't post anything about it.

I strongly encourage you not to watch any scenes ahead of what you've seen until now (IF you're watching all episodes in correct order, that is).

[For the video scenes you'll need some sort of DivX-Coded, e.g. this. I recommend ffdShow though]

So, here we go:
First of all, Season 2, touching moment (752kb). Note: It rains, as always when it gets serious ^^.
I always thought this music sounded like U2, but if you look it up, you'll find out they didn't actually have the license to play "U2 - With or without you" yet, so chose something U2-ish.

I then noticed the same sound here (1.11MB).

It's a lot about marriage and weddings in Friends. This is where you can actually pick up some things from (I mean, HEY, it's an ok way to learn how proposing works). Don't take me too serious though, but this end of Season 4 REALLY has got it. One VERY NICE MUSIC in it again. I'm sure, I would have died if I'd had to wait for several months after this ending (10.6MB). You could argue if it's possible that things like this can happen, but I've got to say: I totally bought it!

I'm not saying there aren't any good scenes in all the other seasons, but the last thing I want to show you is the end of Season 9 (4.64MB). Although I did know what was going to happen, it is SOOO highly dramatic. And that's what most people in Germany are currently still left with . Well anyway, main reason for this cruel tension is IMO the great music again (5.41MB).

So I'm at the end of my little tour.
I've gotta say: I probably "overdid Friends" the last week, it has become a bit too much now, and the most annoying thing:

I can't hear the words "I am SOOO sorry" anymore. Do they REALLY mean it every other episode?
It's the basic construct: One character does / says something the others don't agree with. Then they lie anyway to not hurt the person. This lie builds up really badly until something really strange is done to "protect" it. In the end then they're sorry and we all learn that lying [difficult word] to your friends is bad.

It's generally this "moralic end": Too many times people realize "what's the most important thing".
A bit like in Simpsons sometimes, after Homer had some crazy ideas or Bart did something really bad.
Or just as well in Family Guy: Peter comes back to his family, apologizes and swears he's gonna be better in the future.
I know I'm overemphasizing now, but the only series I know that DOES NOT have this problem towards the end of some episodes is Futurama.

Ah well. I still LOVE friends, and I'm really glad I could watch this marathon the last 3 months. I wonder what comes next, after my average of 3 (?) episodes a day.

Well, but I DO know the reason I'm failing maths this saturday :-/

P.S.: Why is it always Rachel? Because she's Jennifer Aniston maybe?