View Single Post
Unread 5 Sep 2014, 15:45   #31
TheoDD

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about
Re: Public planet tags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bram View Post
Care to elaborate what advantage this would give HR over the smaller tags?
All smaller tags (less then 10 members where mapped in HR intel between tick 1 and tick 2.

Mapping the planets with more members took a bit longer but the last alliance was fully mapped at tick 259. (And that was rather late to some very specific circumstances).

So I'm pretty sure that we already have the 'clear advantage' we would have with having public planet tags..

More to the point:

What are the advantages/disadvantages of public planet tags?
If I were playing without an alliance and there are public planets tags then I would quickly started avoiding all the bigger alliances..
What's the point in attacking them if they have a lot more fleets to defend your inc, to retall...
And the result of that is that those without an alliance will start attacking others without an alliance..

So yes, they should have it easier to land an attack but they themselves might be attacked by (even) more planets..
First they are farmed by the bigger alliances and then they are farmed by there fellow members not in an alliance..

So in the end I've no idea whether or not this would actually change something meaningful for the planets without an alliance/in a small tag...
Fact is: if you are playing without an alliance then it will be difficult to be successful no matter what...
So back to the opposite wish of Butcher? You want all public tags to avoid the bigger ones if you were alone? While butcher wanted public tags to hit the bigger ones if he was alone. And personally i say: I couldn't care less who i hit if i were without tag. (aslong as my attack might be profitable)

And to go back to your first point, i guess there is an agenda behind mapping every tag with less than 10 members tick 1 - 2. ( not sure how you guys did it, and don't really care.) But i expect you guys took advantage of it? There are several ways to have advantages in this game, if you can't tell the difference between advantages / disadvantages then i'm not sure if i SHOULD ELABORATE.
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote