View Single Post
Unread 9 Mar 2007, 02:54   #20
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: What I'd change and how I'd do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll
I disagree with your belief that this would exclude newer players. In fact I think this would increase newer players abilities to join alliances. Certainly the top players will all form together into small 30 man groups, no new news there, however smaller groups of friends and such will feel more inclined to go and play with people they know or meet. It would bring more people into the game at the top end, politics, running attacks and defenses . These are the truly entertaining portions of the game, and would lead to a great deal more player interaction which builds a stronger overall community. Players would have a much larger interest in their alliance and feel they are more apart of something than just a cog in the machine. I am sure there would be groups all pissy about having their clique shattered into smaller less dominate ones but hey, we need change and not something that has been done before.

Change is hard, and it is always resisted. Rarely to people see what is good long term ahead of the safety blankets they all cuddle up in.

Also well I do applaud the effort you put into this post. I don’t believe you are really offering much up here other than harking to past ideas. You had a chance to put your mark on this game and it was a disaster. You were confident back then that your stats were good for the game and they clearly were not, why should we look at these suggestions and think that they will bare anymore fruit.

On the stats. They are not overly complicated at all, in fact PA combat has been dumbed down to the point where you just look at a race and launch. I do agree there are a lot of ship names and a few overlapping ships would and could be fine. However, how hard would it be for Pa team to integrate a bclac into the game? Not hard I would imagine.

I hope you don’t take that too personally but the direction I adamantly feel this game needs to go down is not shared with yours.

But I think you have way more ears inclined to listen than I do.
i actually pretty much see that as a short term benefit, it may work for 1 round or 2, but no more, the elite will stay elite, and the ones loosing will most likely disband being new allies, not meeting there goals, you must remember not every player is like you and I, and we dont actualy live in a perfect pa world, where your ideas will come true, infact i very much doubt you will have have more than 3-4 alliances conteneding for #1 spot again, pretty much the same as every other round.