View Single Post
Unread 16 Dec 2008, 00:14   #133
Light
You've Seen The Light

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bring back private galaxies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ave View Post
I am an alliance player, I expect my team mates to be aswell. Alliance HC 100% sure wants to rather deside where my fleet is used at. Also I am sure he 100% more sure wana relay on own defence rather than ingal defence.
The majority of the time that your under attack, so is your galaxy. So your fleet will be home, and if you defend your galaxy with ships you dont need, then they'll send to you with ships they dont need. Making it so you can cross defend 40-70% of the incs, leaving it much less hassle for each of your alliances.

No-ones saying you always give your galaxy priority on defence but that you also make yourself available to your galaxy to defend and not just treat them as random people.

Quote:
You ever played less active? u get kicked till u get in to the galaxy with own team mates. This is a fact.
This is my first round playing with this system, so i can only use my galaxy as a reference but:
1. We have a person who only comes on IRC once a day, we didnt kick him. He turned out to be one of the most reliable people in our galaxy, 80% of the time we are under attack, he comes on irc and offers his ships.
2. My galaxy has plenty of people playing 'less active'. The only thing is, you need to login as early as possible in the mornings, usually whenever you decide to wake up. Thats hardly active, we have quiet afew people who come online between 5-11am for 5mins where they've logged in, saw incs then come on irc and ask where there fleet is needed, then they log off.
3. People playing less active didnt get kicked from my galaxy and were fighting for top5, were the least roided galaxy out of the top galaxys due to our cross defence and were glad we didnt kick them.
4. I think im safe to say, every random in my galaxy is really enjoying there round and quiet afew have said that this is there best round ever thanks to our galaxy (so thanks to the buddy system).
5. We've effectively setup one of the best fortress galaxys in the universes (Except for the obvious Asc fortress galaxys) due to us simply being nice to each other and offering defence when its needed to each other.
6. An example of our fortress galaxy, is that Achi picked Londo to try and roid for the past 2days.. and even though he's got little alliance defence (due to us marked it covered near enough instantly), Achi didnt manage to land.
7. Being nice to your galaxy, gives your planet access to defence ships which your alliance cant offer.. such as Mantis (And if you're going to give defence to the Caths in your galaxy, they dont mind building mantis to cover you).

In conclusion, you can either play this buddy pack as random galaxys or you can treat it like private galaxys and give your galaxy mates respect and defence.. I know which one is more fun.

I mean, look at 5:3, that was a very strong galaxy on the outside but completly split in the middle.. look at it when they got hostiles? it fell apart.

Quote:
The galaxy system is 100% random.
The only randomness is what type of BP you land in, its just a shame that the majority of BP's dont see galaxys the same as the top galaxys do.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote