View Single Post
Unread 6 Dec 2008, 11:53   #115
Light
You've Seen The Light

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bring back private galaxies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
The shuffle used to mean something, pt 36 used to be an important tick
I d like that again, as it is the shuffle is just giving u a random set of coords.
I remember p/c wars, and the thrill of findin allies and friend gals in ur c/p.

fun
Why should a random event have a massive effect on your gameplay? If you end up in an inactive cluster, the shuffle has had a distasterous effect on your round. While those that end up in a very active (the most active) cluster would of got an advantage from it.

I'm all for having the cluster become useful again, just not as the ways that have been suggested (i.e. cluster defence -1 eta, alliance defence 0 eta). As that puts too much importance on a random event, as it'd be in effect.. Random alliances where one would naturally be stronger than the rest but not through skill or activty, just through randomness.

Edit: This whole thread is based upon the assumption that no-one wants randoms in there galaxy thus they want private galaxys.. but to get that, people are willing to have random alliances instead of random galaxys? thats a huge step backwards.

Buddy Packs are highly annoying to active players wanting an active galaxy as they are forced to have randoms in there galaxy but the advantages to the game is huge.. As it highers the chance that randoms will end up in a good galaxy and have a nice round.. rather than being in a 100% random inactive galaxy and not enjoying the game. You could just lower the costs of self-exile and low the ETA's of galaxy exile.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote