View Single Post
Unread 5 Dec 2008, 21:29   #113
Light
You've Seen The Light

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bring back private galaxies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob View Post
... and ban anyone in a private galaxy from joining an alliance tag.
So 15man galaxys vs 75man Random galaxy alliances?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob View Post
Possible, yes. But better than them trashing random gals. A private galaxy would be much more able to cope, and to bounce back.
but those who are random galaxy new players? how would they cope?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNaga View Post
Just remove alliances and make it private galaxies only for one round at least :X.
Yes, as that will get more people to signup.....and not alienate the randoms who dont come on IRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furyous View Post
This is kind of said above in a couple of posts, but all you would actually achieve is a situation where you have alliance members in private galaxies out of tag the whole round. The winning alliance would no longer significantly depend on the alliance ingame rankings, but would be that with the most and best galaxy tags. I'd love it, as I never liked alliances being brought ingame in the first place. It makes the whole who won the round dispute redundant and narrows alliances in an artificial manner.

So i'd be all for it. As i would for what XelNaga said there ^
You could achieve the same 'galaxy' war by lowering the number of planets in galaxys.. and having alot more galaxys but smaller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chika View Post
I am all for "forcing" people to work with thier gal though. Or "forcing" the cluster to work together. I am for no alliances, cluster defence -1. Out of cluster defence 0. Or something like that.
That would just mean the 'shuffle' has a huge effect on the round, where it should have 0 effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Read the whole thread.

Short answer: alliances are not being removed, and there is communication ingal as well.
From what i gather from the thread, this is all based on the fact that new random players are fed up of BP's organising the politics and all want to step up and they all have the time to do so AND they come on irc.

This whole thread is completly biased in favour of the organised and active planets who'd easily find themselves a nice private galaxy to fit into. Then they forget about randoms and say 25% more planets in the random galaxys would fix it? as if active, irc players are only 1.25x better than randoms.

This solution would mean Random galaxys are constantly under attack when people want roids, as they are easy pickings.. They'll have very little night/morning coverage meaning most people get through and they get roided all the time resulting in them quitting.

BP's protect the randoms and get them to stay, as they now have the opportunity to directly talk to and get organised with active/decent players.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote