View Single Post
Unread 29 Jan 2008, 19:32   #103
ThunderCat
P.I.M.P.Of.Mistu.Net

ThunderCat has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Re: Bring back private galaxies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
Normally, i would agree. However, i seem to recall that at some point PA had private gals with fewer people than public gals existing together. If memory serves, and this is going back eons ago (R5?), then galaxies who werent private were made blatently obvious by having 15 planets instead of 10 - as such, solo random attackers knew not to attack the private gals under the presumption that they were more organised and difficult targets. Which they usually were. However, by having more planets, free gals (particularly early on) essentially painted "raid the total crap through us, PLEASE!!!!" signs on all of their roids/ships/planets, and as such were destroyed utterly very soon in the game, thereafter top (private) gals ran away despite their smaller size in planets.

So, i suppose my point is; is there a way to make it less obvious for galaxies to be indistinguishable, whilst still competitive with oneanother, whether they were private or not? I fear another repeat of history with different sizes.

They dont really need to be indistinguishable,consider the public gals more like the c200 we have at the moment.I know that new players will land there but with low score and value they wont be attacked by many,not big experienced players anyway.Also it would be a great chance for the new players to get involved in the politics side of the game,since today the BPs in the galaxy take care of everything.

As an alternative to the 8 ppl private galaxy you could make it that they get 2 random planets also,wont affect the private gal and would give others a chance to be in a high-scored galaxy.