View Single Post
Unread 25 Jul 2006, 21:49   #197
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: The GD Music Archive

i didn't think much of that actually ASG, even after repeated listens. it's alright i suppose though.

Rock

The Early November - The Mother, The Mechanic, The Path

some background info: prior to this release, the early november have been a pop-punk/rock outfit, not too different from the veins of dashboard confessional and what not.
HOWEVER, keeping this in mind. this is a triple-disc release charting the evolution of their music, and though i have barely even listened much to their prior releases due to their previously generic nature, i can't help admiring this. the three discs differ in their each ways but they all revolve around a returning concept which the last and most 'experimental' disc "The Path" tries to wrap up. it must be noted that I think this triple-disc is beautiful not because of the musical content itself but more because it records a man inspired and shows his growth and details his aspirations for more. it's one of those albums that exudes a feeling of warmth and some sort of happiness. and for that, it is brilliant. the cynics and the hipsters will try and brush this off as an emo band growing up, which at a base level is what it is, but their growing up sure as hell ended with a good effort.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote