View Single Post
Unread 17 May 2004, 20:21   #85
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: MASSIVE abuse of Scanning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal2112
Gerbie you come across hypocrite here. Wasn't it you last round who decided to just covert op resources all round to try to get the #1 position in the end by spending all your resources gained in the last couple of ticks? Yes you did; a valid strategy because the covert opping and resource capping formulas allowed it.
Yes I was the guy that cov opped like that.
Quote:
However after a couple of weeks PA team changed the formulas because they seemed to be 'unbalanced'.
Indd they did.
Quote:

- Spinner did not remove your resources you gained from what appaeared to be an 'imbalance' in the game. However you had time to use this 'imbalance' to gain a lot of resources for some reason Spinner thought it was okay just to change the formulas a bit; so what justifies taking away xp/resources this time?
They did take away my ability to get anywhere in the game though. I could only mine 50 roids max. So even if I built ships and started attacking I wouldn't have gotten far.
Quote:

- Spinner had been confronted with this but denied the fact this could be true. I wonder if he even bothered to verify this by testing this but I have to assume NO HE DID NOT. This makes me believe now that he actually found out it's true he took measures like remove peoples XP just to cover up for his own incompetence earlier when he should have investigated it.
You can't expect Spinner to do everything and follow every lead. It's not like he's got all the time in the world. It might be hard to believe, but he's human.
Quote:

- Didn't you store all the covert opped resources in the fund in R10? Yeah, and that's because Spinner knew he should put a cap on the resource fund but he didn't want to change it midround and affect a lot of players, why the hell would he do that now and 2 days before round end?
He did change things midround that effectively put me out of the round. Did I whine about it?
He did the right thing then and he's doing the right thing now. There won't be much of a round end with the servers down all the time.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote