View Single Post
Unread 9 Dec 2015, 18:33   #40
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of
Re: Prelaunch(again)

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
So far as I can see if you ignore BBs odd idea about fleets flying away on pl which the reasoning for has yet to be fully explained I think the pl time showing on inc scans is more of a good thing than bad.
The rationale for that is to avoid exactly what mxy suggests happening. I dont think fake PL drawing out PL def is a bad thing, but presumably BB does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
Makes dists stronger/more useful
That depends whether this is an augmented inc scan or a military scan, BB was undecided on this in his proposal. The later a scanner could do circumventing the boost to dist whoring. Having it as a mil scan also means alliance DCs can use it without having to get the defender online, which otherwise would rather undermine the rationale for having the scan in the first place, you can already organise PL def if the relevant people are on! (presumably this would not actually be a real military scan but would simply tell the destination of fleets and their eta, without providing details of their composition)