View Single Post
Unread 8 Dec 2015, 16:50   #12
Bram

Bram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to beholdBram is a splendid one to behold
Re: Prelaunch(again)

Changing PL would only make strong alliances stronger and weak alliances weaker..

In the fleets data I got from PA team the order tick was added - precisely to check how much PL there is/was - but this has not yet been analysed fully (i.e. grouped by alliance/PL time).

A very quick query on the data - which has not yet been verified:
Code:
live launch: 15015 fleets
         +1:  3117 fleets
         +2:  2763 fleets
         +3:  2510 fleets
         +4:  2108 fleets
         +5:  1507 fleets
         +6:   908 fleets
         +7:   416 fleets
         +8:   152 fleets
         +9:    42 fleets
        +10:    19 fleets
        +11:    11 fleets
So the majority of attack fleet launches are already live launches..
This can be explained by several reasons:
  • retals during the day are always live launched
  • several alliances - from what I've read - do already live launch (Faceless?, Ultores?)

I know most people in HR can not bother with live launching (including me).
So changing PL would force us to launch during the day - which does make our attack way weaker.

The top alliances however have less problem waking people up to send def so what makes you think they have less problem waking people up to launch attack fleets?

So from my point of view: our attacks become weaker while attacks of others don't become weaker at all: some/most? alliances will just switch back to live-launching - if they don't do that already.
If anything it would further increase the gap between top alliance and the rest. Is that desired?

When I had time to properly group this - and the tricky part here would be excluding retals - then I'll post.

Also: your proposal would also hinder defence fleets.. Maybe that is intended maybe it is not.

Today sending FI/CO based def against FR/DE at eta 8: if the attacker recalls at eta 7 the def ships are home immediately and can be reused. Your propsal would force a eta 1 return on them.. which may or may not be intended.. It's not a change I would welcome..
Would force def to live launch too which is not really convient.. (not for DCing and not for the people launching def)
Bram is offline   Reply With Quote