View Single Post
Unread 11 Sep 2005, 01:27   #5
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Throwing money at Hurricanes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooling
According to the media, the magical underwater city of New Orleans needs my money for relief operations.

Are companies like Avon 'cashing in' by doing this? Obviously not in the direct sense, they gain no profits from the keyring; but whats wrong with simply donating to the Red Cross?
I think the companies are trying to a) be seen to be trying to help b) trying to cash in.
Some funds are set up especially to help with disasters such as this, and some people prefer to donate to these rather than long standing companies as then their money is guarenteed to go to this specific cause. A certain amount of them spring up automatically, to allow you more than one method of donating money.
The companies want to be part of this, and so by offering things which also donate money to the current disaster, they shift stock (despite not getting much/any profit on it), get a slightly better reputation, and *allow* the customer to purchase other things at the same time. "While i'm getting this keyring I might get some bath soaps and ....." or however people think when they're reading their Avon magazines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooling
Obviously some do not understand what a rhetorical question is.

I don't want to know where to donate, I don't intend to donate; these two things are clear.

Try again.
Better? :-)