View Single Post
Unread 17 May 2004, 08:09   #36
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: MASSIVE abuse of Scanning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
It doesn't matter whether you believe that pigs can fly or not - the rules anyone agreed to contained the passage that it is unallowed to create a disproportionately large load on the server - seeing as the game has been off and on for everyone as a result of people scanning 50 times a second, I would say this qualifies as creating a load that is not to be considered normal usage - regardless of whether it was manually activated or script-triggered.
do we actually have an accurate figure for the scan rate - I have seen various reports ranging from a couple of times a second to 50 times a second. 2/3 times a second is easily possible to do manually, anything else starts to stink of script.

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote