View Single Post
Unread 17 May 2004, 08:01   #32
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future
Re: MASSIVE abuse of Scanning

I'm going to step in here and say something that will piss a lot of people off..... I reported this as a possibility some time ago and have been working with spinner to find a better formula for round 11 (I will be interested to know what he implmented for this round). The reason it is an exploit is the the only way to do enough scans to break the game is to in essence be doing a jp of a single target repeatedly forever. That is not normal use of the scannign feature and hence can be regarded as abuse of the game.

In a way I am dissapointed that the bug was not fixed when I reported it, but I will forgive people becuase its near the end of the round, and SPinner has been lsitening to improve things for round 11.

Note: I do not say it was a bug, as it was intented - just a feature which can be abused - i term it "XP farming"

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote