View Single Post
Unread 15 Mar 2010, 12:41   #19
ellonweb

ellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant futureellonweb has a brilliant future
Re: ASS, shaking it into Rd36

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellKicker View Post
ellonweb, please go be an asshole (pun intended) on a different board
I'm actually trying to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razock View Post
The point is: 2 version of newbies are being or need to be used. you use the newbie version: totally new to the game. I think that those newbies don;t really have an interest in joining an alliance. And Thus will not read any of this. The other version of newbies: Newbies who know the basics, by playing a few rounds, but now want to play PA the "full" way. These will be joining the forum and start looking for a alliance.
I agree with you. However, this doesn't affect my points in anyway. I already made it clear that I was talking about players that have already invested some time in the game, but that doesn't mean they're going to be happy to read a wall full of yet more text in order to choose an alliance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellonweb View Post
The fact that players have already invested the time to figure out the game at some basic level, have understood the importance of alliances, and then turned up looking at your door goes to prove they have some level of commitment to the game already, and so you can't try and take the attitude that "if they aren't willing to read our wall of text, then you're playing the wrong game".
Edit: I see now why we're confused. In your initial post you quoted my talking about newbies playing the game for the first time. I was only using this as an analogy (you quoted me out of context), comparing people playing the game for the first time, to people looking for an alliance. I wasn't trying to imply they're the same group of people, as you correctly put it, we can consider there being two different types of newbies. It would have helped if you'd read my earlier post properly (see me quoting myself above)!

Last edited by ellonweb; 15 Mar 2010 at 12:47.
ellonweb is offline   Reply With Quote